When we started working under the name '3angrymen' back in 2006, I don't think we realistically considered the possibility that we'd still be making films 10 years later.
But here we are, 3angrymen is 10 years old.
It's strange to think how much the world has changed around us since we first picked up our Canon XL1s and started making videos - YouTube was only a year old, everything was being recorded to tape and the iPhone was still a year away from giving us reason to never make eye contact, ever again.
Over the decade 3angrymen has changed too, of course. From humble, disorganised beginnings, desperately trawling the internet trying to work out how to capture footage in our "home office", we've become a small but (if you don't mind us saying so) pretty brilliant team of professional filmmakers, producing work we're proud of for clients we really like.
A few tidbits we've learnt along the way:
- put more than 15 minutes thinking into your company name, you'll be typing/explaining it for years to come
- planning is useful
- remember that things will never go to plan
- don't be afraid of working with children
- do be afraid of working with 50+ children at once
- guns don't kill people, rappers do
- cameras don't make films, people do
- you actually realistically probably definitely can't fix it in post
10 years, 7 offices, hundreds of films, a few website redesigns and millions of views later and that is all the wisdom we have to show for it. More than enough.
Last things last, a very quick word of thanks: to all of our clients, staff, collaborators and supporters, past and present, a big fat thank you very much - you've shaped the way we work and the films we make, you've got us where we are and we simply wouldn't have been able to do it without you.
Right, that's quite enough nostalgia for one decade, best get back to work...